THE EVOLUTION OF THE T-SHIRTS
Posted on April 02 2020
“As with all fashions, the t-shirt has changed drastically over time”
T-shirt apparel has sure gone through an impressive journey. The evolution of t-shirts has gone a long way. To understand how this piece of clothing went from being worn inside a submarine by an US soldier in the 50’s to the streets of London by a top model nowadays.
The word t-shirt has been part of dictionaries for almost a century now. But there is no waning of the popularity of this garment in all these years. Forget the tuxedo or the evening gown – the humble t-shirt can make you look so good it will be difficult to stop people from staring at you.
LET US LOOK AT SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT HISTORY OF T SHIRTS IN ITS 100 YEAR OLD HISTORY.
- The t-shirt owes its origins to the armed forces back in those days. The Navy introduced this garment as an undershirt inside the uniforms.
- It took the famous movie stars to change it from normal to popular.
- Marlon Brando and James Dean were the earliest proponents of t-shirts as outerwear to be flaunted proudly instead of innerwear to be hidden under other clothes, and that was a turning point in the history of t-shirts.
- France and Qatar respectively hold the record for producing the costliest and the largest t-shirts.
- The world’s biggest open music festival at Woodstock saw the immense popularity of t-shirts which had been tied and then soaked in multi-coloured dyes. Those myriad hues on the t-shirts seemed to nicely represent the hazy psychedelic colours of those times.
- We are now looking at wearing programmable t-shirts.
WHERE THE NAME “T-SHIRT” CAME FROM
Where did it all start? Where does the name “t-shirt” arrive from? Ever wondered this question. It has a simple explanation to it. Well, it’s actually pretty literal. Lay your favourite tee flat and look at the shape. It is T-shaped and in fact creates a “T” when on your body. The t-shirt is normally associated with short sleeves with a crew neck without a collar. Thus, came the name with its meaning.
TYPES OF T-SHIRTS AVAILABLE IN TODAY’S WORLD
These are few designs that are popularly available in the market based on one’s requirement:
- T-shirt styles vary from design to another. The sleeves are different on different styles. Tees with full sleeves and thick materials make up for popular attires known as sweatshirts.
- T-shirts with hoods and pockets make up the popularly trending hoodie t-shirts known as a very popular everywhere clothing style.
- If you’re a fitness freak, muscle fit t-shirt styles are no stranger to you! Tight fit with sleeves or no sleeves depends on the t-shirt you choose for your physique.
- But if you’re into classics, then crewneck is the one you should opt for.
- Want business casual fits for your office wear, choose solid polo t-shirts. They are the best option in the t-shirt line-ups.
- You can make do for a lot of wardrobe malfunctions if you pick the right colour t-shirts. You can choose from ways to wear graphic tees, plain and printed.
- Printed t-shirts is another world altogether. Printed t-shirts, custom t-shirt designs, custom print t-shirts are just a few ideas of so many.
- Work related, function related themed t-shirts have set trends worldwide for their personal branding and self-promoting everywhere.
The world has accepted t-shirts with open arms and we don’t think they are going out of fashion anytime soon. Interested in purchasing great quality t-shirts online at great prices then look no further, you have come to the right website and we have a huge range of options with tons of colors available. Start your shopping, by clicking here.